Forum Discussion

rummyri
New Contributor
12 years ago

sovereign bank connection problems

seems to be a problem connecting to bill pay at Sovereign Bank, other connections ok, Cox and Sovereign say problem is at the other end, anyone shine some light on this?  Sovereign says will contact in 48-72 hrs?

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator

As far as the connection is concerned we only get your traffic to their site, we can't control how the site functions.  It's possible however there could be Internet security software blocking part of the function of their website.  I would suggest tring to disable any Internet security software you have and testing again.  It might also be beneficial to try clearing your browser's cookies/cache when testing this.

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

What browser/version are you using? What happens when you try to connect?

rummyri
    New Contributor

Everything connects fine except for the Sovereign online banking.  They have this page when you log in that won't

let you into your account if you're on linux, the connection times out,, when I went to windows I could get through, the linux page sees you as a mobil device not a computer, hopefully they get it fixed soon.

mjo
    New Contributor

I am having same problem, cox wrote up ticket and never responded.  been having problems for 3 weeks, it worked again a few days ago so I thought it was fixed, and now it does not work again.  Sovereign says its Cox, Cox says they do not know of any problems.  Very frustrating.  Going to switch banks and internet provider if its not fixed soon.

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

mjo said:

I am having same problem, cox wrote up ticket and never responded.  been having problems for 3 weeks, it worked again a few days ago so I thought it was fixed, and now it does not work again.  Sovereign says its Cox, Cox says they do not know of any problems.  Very frustrating.  Going to switch banks and internet provider if its not fixed soon.

I think it's pretty evident that the bank's website doesn't fully support the Linux browser you are using. Either it's them or your configuration of the browser. Either way, I really doubt your ISP is at fault.