Forum Discussion

nosferatu
New Contributor
8 years ago

Online support via chat unresponsive

There is no chat button or chat pop-up on the support page for chat.  The page states, "*If all agents are busy assisting other customers, please stand by. The chat button will update as soon as an agent is available to assist you." but that doesn't seem to be accurate.

There is no email address to send questions to, only Twitter.  I did find these forums, so hopefully I can get some assistance with either an online chat or an email address to send questions to.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AllenP
    Valued Contributor

Technical questions can be posted here. There are a few customers and Cox employee Mods here who try to answer. .Account / billing questions are better handled offline, you can send email to cox.help@cox.net

nosferatu
    New Contributor

It's not a tech question, it's a billing question...and if that email is the only option I have, then so be it.  But I'd still like to know what happened to the online live chat function.

Thank you for attempting to help, AllenP. 

nosferatu
    New Contributor

Apparently that email address is no longer valid.  So, I guess I'll /try/ to recover my twitter account and post something there.  

nosferatu
    New Contributor

I managed to have everything taken care of via phone - not a preferred method for many reasons.  But still don't have an answer to the Online Live Chat Support not working.  If any Cox employee happens to have an answer on that, it would be great to know.

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

My guess is because the west coast SMTP server is down. What did you mean the email was invalid?

chris_c21
    Contributor III

Tecknowhelp said:

What did you mean the email was invalid?

AllenP and Nosferatu... their email address is actually cox.help@cox.com

...not .net

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

You are right, Chris. I copied the address from another thread, must have been wrong there. Thanks,