Forum Discussion

TomO
New Contributor
9 years ago

Connecticut 300 Ultimate Rollout?

Any time frame on the ultimate roll out from 200 to 300 in Connecticut? 300 was listed as available in my area during my research prior to install, then when I went to set up package it seems to have vanished and 200 was all that was available. Customer support rep could only tell me "soon" but I'm sure Cox has a plan in place of when to allocate resources to performing the upgrade. Will they automatically provision all 32x8 channels on my modem or will I have to take action? Any and all information is helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @TomO

At this time there is no announcement concerning any product changes.  Channels aren't provisioned and are allocated automatically based on availability regardless of subscribed level of service.  

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

Just conjecture, but you probably won't see 32x8 until Gigablast comes to CT, since they may want to push 1Gbps over D3.1 and FTTP. With FIOS so firmly entrench in CT, offering over 1Gbps at one price while D3 is another may be awkward. You can get 300Mbps on 24x8 though, which may come sooner, just depends on how Cox want's to handle their upgrades. More channels means more signal bandwidth allotted, and RI/CT are the last on the encryption bandwagon. JMHO.

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

Beg to differ with you, Teck.  The Meridan/Southington/Cheshire CT market was first on the encryption bandwagon.  We got the miniboxes the beginning of 2015, have been all digital for a year now.

Tecknowhelp
    Valued Contributor II

AllenP said:
    The Meridan/Southington/Cheshire CT market was first on the encryption bandwagon. 

Really? Thank you for the correction. I know RI was late, so I thought CT would be late too. Do you agree that 32 channel isn't coming any time soon?

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

Picked up my minibox just after St Patrick's day last year ... the transition already had begun.  We were in FL thru mid-March so didn't need it sooner.  I first posted about the digital conversion in Oct 2014 here.

I'm on the preferred plan with an 8x4 modem.  No inside info as to how many channels Cox is bonding in my market or when/if 32 channels is coming.

TomO
    New Contributor

Ok - I'm on 24x4 right now receiving 200/20 (or so). Hopefully 300 is rolled out soon as i bought the sb6190 specifically to handle those speeds.