New Contributor
9 years ago

Forgot WiFi passcode

Please help me to reset wifi passcode Cisco model DPC3825 thanks

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You'll have to reset your router to its factory default.  There's a recessed button on the back of your router.  Press and hold for at least 10 seconds.

After resetting, rename your network, create an effective encryption key (passcode) and reconfigure all your wireless clients with the new name and key.

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

If you know the password to sign on to the gateway and just want to change your WiFi password (PSK) you don't need to do a reset. Enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser address bar. Enter your User Name and Password in the Login boxes - default is both blank.  Go to Wireless/Security tab and enter a new Pre-Shared Key (PSK) then click Save.  That's it.  If you do a factory reset, you must configure your device again as everything will be set to default.

See the manual here for more details.

Dmm
    New Contributor

I don't remember my passcod what is the default passcode after I reset modem, or do I need the default passcode.?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

For model DPC3825...
    Username:  cusadmin
    Password:  password

Let us know when you're logged in for some secure settings.

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @Dmm

The manual for your modem can be found by visiting http://www.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId={20e2b6f0-8b8e-11df-6baf-000000000000} .  It'll contain the instructions for how to access the management interface as well as configuring the wireless settings.  You an save time however by simply resetting it to factory defaults and using the info printed on the label to connect to the wifi.

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

The default SSID and passcode are printed on a label on the bottom of the device.  See here.

The default user and password to sign on to the device are both blank.