Forum Discussion

kimchirice
New Contributor
9 years ago

Why is it so hard to change name on my account

I was setup with a new Cox account.  Internet works and all.  That's fine.

Problem is, when I set it up over the phone, the customer service rep must have misheard me say my name.  So my name and bill are all under an incorrect name.

No biggie, I will call in and change it.  I just call in to the billing department.

Called in the first time, asked to have name changed.  Person on the phone seems to have done it.  A few days pass, but I check online, still shows the wrong name.  When I go to Cox.com, it says Welcome <WrongName>.  Check account, bill, etc.  Still wrong name.  

Call in again.  ask to have name changed yet again.  And again, person on phone seems to have done it.  And yet again, I go to cox.com, still shows wrong name.  But I go to my bill, and it shows my correct name.  (I don't know if my printed bill will show my correct name yet, as I don't have a new bill yet).  

But still, I have the incorrect name showing in various places.  

It is not a browser issue, I have used a new browser, cleared cache, cookies, etc.  

How can I get my name changed correctly, once and for all?  

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @kimchirice

I know there are some aspects of a customer account with regards to name changes that are extremely difficult if not impossible to change.  Do you  have any examples of places you are going and not seeing the update?

kimchirice
    New Contributor

For Example:

Cox.com  (NOT logged in), In the Sign In Box, says, wrong name.

I sign in, again, same box.  Wrong Name

My Profile, Header.  Wrong Name.  (Below the header, it shows the correct name though)

Anywhere else in my account area, the header, has the wrong name

The above examples looks to be the page header.  So they are probably all related

I go to My Account Home Page  (www.cox.com/resaccount/home.cox).  It has the wrong name there too (seperate from the header).  

As far as my bill, I will know if that got changed when the next bill statement goes through.  So not sure about that.  

I am not sure what else to do in regards to this.  If there are aspects of the account that cannot be changed, what should my course of action be?  Ask for the account to be closed, and then reopen a new account?

Thank you

• Hi, if you have remember User ID checked, uncheck it and please clear your browser cache.
    kimchirice
    New Contributor

@MichaelJ, I have already done so.  I have also tried on all major browsers, (firefox, IE, Chrome), also all in Private Mode too.  I have done so on multiple computers,  my phone and tablet, and at different locations (home, work)

kimchirice
    New Contributor

Would it be possible if someone here can go into my account and verify that everything has been changed as it should?  

• Hi, we are happy to take a look at your account information. Please email us with your complete home address, the name of the primary account holder, and the last 4SSN for the primary account holder. Our email address is cox.help@cox.com

Please copy/paste this link to the discussion thread in your email: http://bit.ly/1Z4KlwI