Forum Discussion

gerrym
New Contributor
9 years ago

Internet Tools > email > locked account reset = not working for me

I have multiple Cox email addresses on my local Hampton Roads Cox account. Several of these do not get much use and Cox has had a history of locking them for 'InActivity'. I understand your policy... and have for the 30+ years we have been loyal Cox customers. In the past 15 years or so I have always been able to log in to Cox Support, go to Internet Tools and Email.. and reset any account that was locked in this manner. Today... I have tried to unlock 4 of my 10 accounts ( max I can have with my account type ) and while your support system allows me to 'confirm' the unlock, the accounts do not get unlocked. In the past I've always 'confirmed' that account to unlock, and the system will return me to the list of accounts page, and the account I just unlocked will no longer be listed as 'Mailbox Locked Due to Inactivity'. Can someone tell me why this is not allowing me to unlock? And please do not ask me to 'reset my password', reset my modem, router etc... these would be rabbit holes of useless proportion. Thanks. Gerry- Norfolk, VA ( Retired Network Janitor )

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion