Forum Discussion

callanish
New Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Premier tier, Preferred speeds.

Has all of Las Vegas been upgraded to the faster speeds? I've called cox directly as well as try to solve my speed issue with a cox tech support agent online and I'm still receiving preferred speeds on a premier package. The D3 cable modem I'm running has 8 bonded download channels and 2 bonded upload channels. It has been re-provisioned by tech support at Cox to try to clear up the issue, but I'm still on 28 - 30 mb's download speeds.  I've Speed tested using Cox's speed tool and speedtest.net using various wireless N and Ethernet connected P.c's. Speeds are consistent with preferred, but not with premier.

Any advice on what I can do, or should I just downgrade back to the preferred tier which has and continues to work fine, but what's the point of paying for premier speeds if I'm not getting them.

Thanks

LTM

• Hi, LTM. Actually, if I've located your account correctly, it looks like there's a code that needs to be corrected that wasn't an issue before the speed upgrade but now it would keep you from having the right provisioning. There's a premier code for DOCSIS 2 modems and a premier code for DOCSIS 3 modems, and there was very little difference previously but now it's quite a gap.

There's no difference in price, but I do need to verify that I have the correct account before I make any kind of change, since you need to be aware that it will cause your modem to reboot. If you could email your name and address to cox.help@cox.com I can verify your info and go ahead with the update.

Kip K.

Cox Support Forum Moderator

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion