Forum Discussion

test20999
New Contributor
9 years ago

Cox intermittent service in North County San Diego

I am posting here as notice, as I am so completely frustrated with Cox. Ever since we moved in to our home about 1 year ago, in the 92127 zip code area, the Cox internet service has been problematic. I have some services that require 24/7 internet, so I know when the service goes down, by looking at my logs. I have had techs come out, I have replaced modems, I even bought the Cox supported Cisco DPC3010 so that Cox could push new firmware to it if needed. The signal strengths are very healthy, and I'm convinced that the outages are from other equipment up the line from my house. During the last 3 weeks or so, it has gotten intolerable with outages lasting spans of time ranging from 10-15 minutes to several hours. After pressing a tech support person pretty hard, I got her to look away from her script to talk to a manager, and she confirmed that there was work going on in the area, and it would be resolved by 8pm that night. That was 2 weeks ago, and the problems continue. The outages usually happen late at night or during the middle of the night, indicating that Cox is at least trying to do the work and impact users the least, but the frustration is that there is no pro-active information going out to users, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight for these problems. I am fortunate that this particular development has service from both Cox and Time-Warner, so I am switching over, as Nov 12th. Shame on you Cox for such shoddy service and treating your customers so poorly.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    @test20999

We'd certainly hate to see you leave.  Email us here at cox.help@cox.com with the account info and we can take a look at what's going on for you.