Forum Discussion

October
New Contributor
9 years ago

Windows 10 eMail server won't sync with Cox.net

I have spent two hours on phone with cox support.  I have found documentation online from Cox support and followed their instructions. However, I cannot get Windows 10 eMail server to SYNC with account on Cox.net.  Windows eMail connected immediately to Gmail.  The person at Cox support says this is a Windows issue and I should call Microsoft -- ARE YOU SERIOUS?  If this does not work between Cox and Windows then it should be up to Cox to resolve, not every user Cox has.  Why can't this get resolved?  Is there anyone anywhere who has connected Windows 10 eMail to Cox.net?  If so, tell me how.  Else, you, Cox, need to get with Microsoft on behalf of all of your users and get this resolved.  Thanks.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AllenP
    Valued Contributor

Are you talking about the Windows 10 e-mail client app?  If so, yes there were problems when Windows 10 was first release but they have been solved.  The current version of the e-mail app (v17.6310.42251.0) works fine, make sure you have updated in the Windows Store, at least for IMAP which I have setup.

-From New Account select Advanced setup
    -Select Internet Mail - POP or IMAP accounts
    -Fill in the next form
    --Account name and Your name can be anything to identify you in sent mail
    --Incoming e-mail server: imap.cox.net or pop.cox.net
    --Account type: either POP3 or IMAP4 (must be same as server selected
    --Email address: full e-mail address for this account
    --User name: your Cox user name (without @cox.net)
    --Password
    --Outgoing (SMTP) server: smtp.cox.net
    --All following boxes checked.

Click Sign-in and if you entered everything correctly it should work.

BTW, this was a Microsoft problem, the same thing was happening at different ISP's.
    --

MilllieF
    New Contributor

Thank you AllenP!  I followed your excellent step-by-step instructions, and my Cox email is now a part of the Windows 10 Mail program. Have read a number of forums and none of the suggestions were of any use.

Thank you, Thank you!!!