Forum Discussion

dagur51
New Contributor
9 years ago

"User not authorized error"

Hello,

I have been trying to get my WatchESPN to work, but I keep getting odd errors. 

When trying to watch from my desktop, I keep getting either the "Internal Authorization Error" or "User not Authorized Error" messages. I have both Cox internet and digital cable as well as the ESPN channels. I can watch them from home no problem.

When trying to access WatchESPN through my browser, it asks for my provider, so I click on everything I need to and it eventually takes me to Cox's website where I log in. No problems there either. Then when I try to open up the WatchESPN screen (right below where it says "Powered by Cox" so I know my login went through), I get the error messages. This happens with any ESPN channel I try to watch. This has happened from 2 different computers and my phone with the WatchESPN app. I've tried multiple browsers as well, to no avail.

All of this is happening from just at work, where it all used to work just fine. I tried it recently at home from a laptop and it seemed to work fine from there. Is this a firewall/internet connection issue at my work? They don't have a firewall and it used to work without errors, so I'm not sure why that would be an issue now. I also tried from my phone using my 4G LTE and not the wifi here with the same error screens. 

Anybody have any suggestions? I would like to get my money's worth for everything that comes with my cable subscription. 

Thanks

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Health_Edge
    Valued Contributor III

" I can watch them from home no problem." 

So is the problem only occuring when watching from a non Cox network? Sounds like your trying to watch ESPN3 content. You can watch WatchESPN content when not on your Cox connection, but that doesn't cover all content;

Can I access ESPN3 content remotely or do I have to be on my home network?

The 'remote access' feature is no longer available as part of the WatchESPN web experience as of July 1, 2015. To access at home and remotely, users should log in via their video provider sign-in. If you do not have a multi-channel video provider (internet customer only) but your internet service provider has access to ESPN3, you can still enjoy ESPN3 on your home network.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/faq#faq6