Forum Discussion

GZ
New Contributor III
9 years ago

Enhanced email option not working

Up until this morning I have been using the Enhanced web mail option provided by Cox. I much prefer the Enhanced over the Classic for purely personal reasons. At any rate, at about 7:30 this morning I checked my email and at about 8:45 logged back in to check something I had read previously. When I logged on at 7:30 using the Enhanced setting everything was fine but when I logged back in at 8:45 I got a page saying "Oops! This page cannot be found." I upgraded for Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the end of July and had to start using Mozilla Firefox as my browser because IE11 was super slow and kept crashing. I tried the new Edge that came with Win10 but it is still being developed so I elected to go with Firefox. Chrome was also available but I am not a fan of Google so nuff said. I tried Firefox, Edge, IE11 and Chrome and got this same "Oops! This page cannot be found." message with all of them. I contacted Cox Tech Support and after several hours on the phone at different times with them and getting absolutely nowhere just by sheer accident I logged into my email using the Classic setting and logged right in. The Tech Support person said there may be an issue with Adobe Shockwave as this is somehow used by Mozilla Firefox to access some browser options or sites. I downloaded and reinstalled the latest version of Shockwave and tried accessing my email using the Enhanced option and right back to the "Oops" page again. Has anyone else been experiencing this kind of issue and if so were you able to fix it and if so, how? I hate the Classic email option and I have a feeling I may have to get used to it.

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion