Forum Discussion

Rob_DS
New Contributor
9 years ago

Cox Home Security Suite and Windows 10 compatability

I have the Cox Home Security Suite downloaded and recently upgraded to Windows 10.  When I attempt to update my virus definition files the update window briefly appears and then shuts down.  When I look at the "last update" it indicates "no activity."  Help!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Rob,

A few other users also reported issues with Cox Security Suite after installing Windows 10. Everyone found that reinstalling Cox Security Suite was the solution. Please follow the steps provided in the article linked below and let us know if you are successfully able to download, install, and run Cox Security Suite Plus Powered by McAfee®. Thanks for reaching out to us through the Cox Forums!

http://bit.ly/Activate-or-RenewCoxSecuritySuite_McAfee
    Rob_DS
    New Contributor

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Security Software and I am getting the same result.  When I attempt to update my virus definition files the update window briefly appears and then shuts down.  When I look at the "last update" it indicates "no activity." 

Rob_DS
    New Contributor

I went online chat with a Cox rep and was told that the security software is not yet compatable with Windows 10, and that I should use Windows Defender. 

AllenP
    Valued Contributor

I you can't get McAfee to work, dump it and install Avast or AVG free.  Both are free for personal use.  I use Avast and it works great on Windows 10.