Forum Discussion

jeffr
New Contributor
3 years ago

Why am I not able to play an Amazon Prime video through my Contour app?

I just upgrade my device to a Contour II device in order to play videos through the Apps. I have an Amazon Prime account and am able to stream videos on my Laptop and also through Comcast at my summer home. I am able to log into my Amazon Prime account and my home screen comes up. However, when I go to play a video I get "something went wrong" message. Tried this on my Amazon account and my wife's Amazon account, nothing doing. I am able to play videos on Netflix, so there isn't an issue with my box or my internet. Looking for an answer ...

Also, why do your Tech Reps insist that Cox does not offer access to Amazon Prime on the Contour II box? 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    DavidA2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Jeffr,

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing the prime video content. You may want to consider clearing your cookies and cache or trying a different browser. Beyond that, I would recommend reaching out to Amazon to make sure there is nothing wrong on that end either.

David
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      jeffr
      New Contributor

Well David, you did not read my post very well. I am trying to access A.P. through my Contour Box attached to my TV. I am having NO issues streaming on my computer or access through Comcast ... the problem is either with my account on YOUR server or with my box.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Jeffr
        I know how important it is for you to use your Amazon account through the Contour Box. If you have already manually reset your box and the Amazon Prime app is working on other devices that are using the internet, it may be time to get the Contour box swapped out. Email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name/full address if you would like to schedule a technician visit for the swap.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator