Forum Discussion

Rebcoxcustomer
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Contour app will not working anymore.

For about two weeks now the Contour app on my iPhone 7 will not work. I have deleted the app and reinstalled, checked my phone's operating system (it is current) and restarted my phone. Still, the app will not work. I can see channels and select a show to watch but then receive an error message. I have a screen shot of the error.

This is ridiculous, for watching TV at home I can use sling or one of a dozen other providers. What I liked about Cox was being able to watch TV on my phone when I am out of the house. (Waiting at the doctor's or other appointments).

Has anyone else been having this issue? Thank you.

• Contour App to play tv on the computer will not play Fox Business on weekends, sometimes just the audio will not play for Fox Business channel and sometimes both the audio and video for Fox Business will not play... usually only Friday, Saturday and Sundays.... however CNN will play as will some Food channel stuff.  That makes me think possibly someone who works at Cox Cable is turning off the Fox Business Channel Feed on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays.  This has happened in various forms for the last month and I need to follow stock market news for work.  It is highly annoying.  A month ago both Fox News and Fox Business was not working on Contour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but CNN was working on Contour.  

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Following_Busin
    New Contributor II

Contour App to play tv on the computer will not play Fox Business on weekends, sometimes just the audio will not play for Fox Business channel and sometimes both the audio and video for Fox Business will not play... usually only Friday, Saturday and Sundays.... however CNN will play as will some Food channel stuff.  That makes me think possibly someone who works at Cox Cable is turning off the Fox Business Channel Feed on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays.  This has happened in various forms for the last month and I need to follow stock market news for work.  It is highly annoying.  A month ago both Fox News and Fox Business was not working on Contour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but CNN was working on Contour.  

MariaL
        Hi Rebcoxcustomer,

We can escalate your issue to our Video Support team to investigate. Please email our team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. You can also reach out to us on Twitter and Facebook through the links below:

www.facebook.com/.../

https://twitter.com/CoxHelp

Maria
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Following_Busin
    New Contributor II

Contour App to play tv on the computer will not play Fox Business on weekends, sometimes just the audio will not play for Fox Business channel and sometimes both the audio and video for Fox Business will not play... usually only Friday, Saturday and Sundays.... however CNN will play as will some Food channel stuff.  That makes me think possibly someone who works at Cox Cable is turning off the Fox Business Channel Feed on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays.  This has happened in various forms for the last month and I need to follow stock market news for work.  It is highly annoying.  A month ago both Fox News and Fox Business was not working on Contour on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but CNN was working on Contour.