Forum Discussion

dp
New Contributor
12 years ago

I just need simple clarification...

I have 2 accts with COX (in las vegas area) & both accts are the same tiers/pricing... I read through the recent pkg pricing changes and realized that since Jan. 2013, my pkgs should now be including the Speed Channel (?) -- per COX's "Complete Channel Guide" and my monthly billing statements, both of which have account subscriptions for $63.99 (excluding taxes, etc.) which are to include

Cox TV Essential
Includes:
Cox TV Starter
Expanded Service

I have re-programmed my channels twice, and to no avail still cannot receive the speed channel...is the channel guide incorrect, or are my subscriptions incorrect?

Thanks, in advance.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    dp
    New Contributor

FYI / PostScript:  I was just informed by an online chat associate with Cox, that the guide on their website, located at http://ww2.cox.com/residential/lasvegas/tv/channel-lineup.cox?campcode=goog_tv

has three asterisks by the channels that require additional equipment for monthly rental fee of $8.50 (NO ASTERISKS exist on the .pdf download version, but apparently they are suppose to direct to the bottom of the online webpage advising of the rental requirement) 

TV Essential (Includes TV Starter)

18 TNT
    19 msnbc
    20 CNN
    21 Fox News
    22 HLN
    23 Nickelodeon
    24 FX
    25 Discovery Channel
    26 Lifetime
    27 BET
    28 Disney Channel
    29 Spike TV
    30 ESPN
    31 ESPN2
    32 A&E
    33 TLC
    34 USA Network
    35 CNBC
    36 E!
    37 MTV
    38 NBC Sports Network
    39 VH-1
    40 TCM
    41 TV Land
    42 Food Network
    43 History
    44 The Weather Channel
    45 Syfy
    46 Cartoon Network
    47 Travel Channel
    48 Cox 48
    49 FSN West
    50 FSN Prime Ticket
    51 ION
    52 AMC
    53 Bravo
    54 truTV
    55 HGTV
    56 Comedy Central
    57 CMT
    58 Animal Planet
    59 ABC Family
    62 Galavision
    63 Azteca
    64 Telefutura
    65 TWC Deportes
    66 TWC SportsNet
    67 OWN: Oprah Winfrey
    Network
    68 National Geographic
    Channel
    161 Leased Access
    329 Speed Network
    339 Golf

Domino
    Valued Contributor III

I would guess that this channel has transitioned to digital. Are you using a STB for reception, or relying on your TV's tuner for reception. It wouldn't be the first time that a Cox PDF lineup was missing the correct notation.

KipK
    Valued Contributor II

In this case, the website has the details that the PDF condenses to a disclaimer at the bottom. ("Some digital video channels may be delivered via Switched Digital Video technology requiring an Advanced TV receiver or other two-way capable device, or a device equipped with a Cox CableCARD and SDV tuning adaptor to view the channel. ... All channels and channel paks are subject to change. Other restrictions may apply.")

In general, anything over channel ~99 is going to be digital (most TVs don't tune analog over ~125 anyway). Some digital content is broadcast in the clear in our system, but that's usually only the Starter programming.