Forum Discussion

MrsMcLaugh
New Contributor
4 years ago

XRE-00250 after moving with the same equipment

I moved on Saturday and I had a different error code when getting my equipment set up. A technician was unable to come until Wednesday. Ok, fine. But when the technician came they said the problem was the coaxial outlet I had plugged my TV into was outdated equipment and I needed to use a splitter and a longer cord to use the correct one, but they could not provide the longer cord so I had to wait and see if that would even work. What? So the technician left without making sure that this would even fix my problem. (Spoiler alert, it did not.) I got a longer cable and got it hooked up, but it said my equipment needs to be activated (error code XRE-00250). The same equipment from before the move that had been working for months before then? That’s absurd. So I had to chat with someone again last night and a technician has to come out and help me again, but this time not until Monday. So my service doesn’t work for a week and there’s no reason for it and the technician can’t even come inside to do anything. I’m beyond upset. I have 2 young children and can’t spend all this time working on this and I’m having to stream their shows and I’m going to have to pay extra for that and if it’s an activation issue why can’t it be resolved via chat? Why does a technician have to guide me through plugging things in and reading information when they can’t even come inside my house for something that doesn’t seem like a technician issue?

1 Reply

• Hello. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this issue further for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator