Forum Discussion

Scspisak
New Contributor
21 days ago

streaming apps on contour

I have been able to connect to Apple TV Plus until this week. I cannot connect now for no reason. Netflix,Prime, Hulu all connect just fine but Apple gives me an error message to check my internet connection. I have unplugged cords, cleared my local data, and refreshed my system but it does not resolve the issue. Unless anyone else can offer a solution, I truly believe it's a cox cable relationship with Apple

*my internet is fine- Cox speed test results 119% 

• Hi Scspisak, we are aware of the issue and we are working with Apple toward a resolution. I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience

Frustrated22
      New Contributor

My Apple TV gives the same screen as Scspisak gets when trying to open Apple TV with my Contour remote. I see where Cox says they are working on it. This has been going on for days. I saw another forum regarding this issue. I wasn't sure if COX needed to have a 100 people to write in before really taking the time to fix the issue. 

ChrisJ2

I understand your concern and I sincerely apologize for the issue. If you have not yet tried deleting the cache on your cable equipment and re-logging into Apple+, that is helping some to recover. On your Contour remote, press the Contour button and right-arrow over to Settings (the wheel icon). Then, press OK. From there, arrow down to Privacy and press OK. Then, select Locally Stored Data and select OK. Then, let's press "A" on their remote and arrow over to "System Refresh". Walk through this process and select OK when done. Once you're finished, please retry the sign-in.

kfparke
    New Contributor

I also have been unable to stream AppleTV within the Contour apps for almost six days now.  I get the "something is wrong/no internet connection" message. I have cleared the locally stored data and refreshed the system.  I called tech support this morning and their solution is to replace ALL my receivers.  This is unacceptable.  They also said they would charge me $75.00 for a service call if they came out to swap out the boxes.  And from reading about this issue on this forum - I am not sure that will fix the problem even so.  Obviously, Cox and Apple need to work this out.  If it is a software update with Apple, Cox hasn't quality tested their equipment and software.  I understand that 3rd party apps are not Cox's responsibility but if their is a firmware fix  - Cox needs to step up!

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. I'm really sorry about the issues you've had with your Apple TV app and service and I'd like to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We really want to