Forum Discussion

Adam
New Contributor
5 years ago

Playing next episode from DVR

This started happening a couple of weeks ago. Previously if I had multiple episodes of a show recorded once I finished watching the first episode I would be prompted to watch the next episode and given the choice between on demand or DVR. Now instead of given a choice it defaults to On Demand. I am no longer given the option to watch the show from DVR. The only solution is to stop watching the recording and selecting it from the recorded shows list. How do I get the option to play from DVR?

5 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

select don't delete them gp back to episodes & pick the one you want.

Adam
    New Contributor

Thanks for the response. But I already know how to work around the problem. What I would like is a way to return to the previous functionality.  It worked before and gave the option to watch either on demand or from DVR.

Becky
      Hi Adam, is this happening with all show titles where multiple episodes have been recorded? Sometimes shows are aired out of order, so it is important to ensure that the "next episode" recorded on your DVR is the next sequential episode as defined by the broadcaster. You can verify this by checking the episode numbers within the On DEMAND menu and/or by selecting the recorded episode and accessing the episode description info. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Mathman
        New Contributor

This is happening to me as well. It has happened with multiple TV series and the episodes are sequential. Please help this is annoying. 

bearone2
      Contributor III

if i've saved an episode i don't see an option to select "on demand".

i dvr to blow thru commercials, don't you?