Forum Discussion

ezloan1
New Contributor
3 years ago

Paramount Plus

I have Paramount on Cox, I also see the Paramount + app on Contour as a 3rd party app.  This requires paying for the service.  Why does Cox's ads seem to imply it's included with Contour?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ezloan1,

In order to access the Paramount+ app through Cox, a subscription to Paramount+ is required. All billing for the Paramount+ app is billed through Paramount+. There are two options to sign into the Paramount+ app.

If you choose “Try it free” follow the instructions on the screen.
    a) In a web browser, enter paramountplus.com/cox.
    b) Follow the website directions to create your account.
    c) After creating your account when the website asks you to enter your activation code, enter the activation code displayed on your TV screen.

If you chose “Sign In” two options display on your screen.
    • If selecting On My TV, then using your Cox remote, enter your Email and Password for Paramount+, then highlight and select Sign In.

To sign in, you must already have an account with Paramount+. If you do not already have an account, refer to the steps for the 30-day free trial.

• If selecting On the Web, then enter paramountplus.com/cox in a web browser and enter the code now displayed on your TV screen. Follow the instructions to sign in and the TV will authorize automatically when complete.

Allan,
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      kjnsweets
      New Contributor

The problem is I can sign into my paramount + account but for some reason on cox I cannot get it to work. They reset my box several times and escalated it several times and still nothing. The app does not work like it should with cox. I can watch it on any other device but with contour app I can not. Cox needs to fix this

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hi @Kjnsweets,

I am so very sorry to learn of your TV troubles and I'd like to help. Please reach out to our support site so that we can submit a ticket and follow up on the resolution. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Lefrou
      New Contributor

When you register, you get 7 days free then a  monthly or annual fee kicks in.    So the question is-  is paramount plus free for cox contour users or do we have to pay the fee

MichaelJ
        Hi Lefrou,

Paramount plus is a fee-based subscription through Paramount. It is not free for Cox Contour users.

Thank you,

Mike J.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator