Forum Discussion

Rou_Boy
New Contributor
9 months ago

Obnoxious Cox Adds on Channel Guide.

Dear Cox: please reconsider your decision to put Cox adds in the channel guide. We see adds EVERYWHERE! TV, Internet, signs, bus benches, etc. etc. etc. Now you decide to clutter up the channel guide. It is extremely irritating!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    James_Scott
    New Contributor II

Set all the channels you want to see as a "Favorite" and then have the guide only show you your favorite channels, no more advertisements.  Setting favorites will also allow you to streamline your guide.  I happen to never rent a PPV, don't really like sports and don't watch shopping channels.  Since I do not have these set as favorites, I never see these channels either!

pharaohpjf
      New Contributor III

But why do WE, the PAYING customers, have to jump through ANOTHER hoop for Cox? Just put the **bleep** ads on the website NOT my channel guide!!

TiffanyR

Hello Pharaohpjf. 

We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to our leaders. The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

• Yes, it's extremely annoying and at times causes me to click on it when it is in the spot where the channel that I want to click on would normally be.  My antenna pulls in the major networks and local stations and I know how to record them in HD, but getting a channel guide to schedule recordings is cumbersome.  If Cox is going to mess up their guide it just may push me to set myself free.

pharaohpjf
    New Contributor III

I agree!!! These "ads" are SO ANNOYING!!!

If Cox keeps doing stupid sh!t like this I will drop them after FORTY YEARS