Forum Discussion

Wendysu
New Contributor
3 months ago

New cable box

Can I get my old cable box and remote back?!!!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, I would be happy to assist in anyway I can related to your cable box situation. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and any details related to your post at Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

donpratt
    New Contributor II

The new boxes really are terrible. We had the mini boxes for years (since Cox made the switch to digital) and rarely had problems. The only reason we switched is that the remotes started acting up. Now, we have bulkier, slower, less reliable boxes that we have to pay more for. If I knew how bad the new boxes were, we would have never given up the old ones.

MichaelJ

HI donpratt, 

I am sorry to hear about your customer experience with the cable boxes. We want you to enjoy your services. It may be possible to obtain different cable boxes and/or replace the ones you currently have, Our Forum members may also be able to assist you with their knowledge and experience but will need to know what model cable boxes are you having issues with, Also, please feel free to contact us for technical support through our Facebook and Twitter accounts, CoxHelp. Our Sales Team may also help with information about different types of cable boxes that may better suit your needs. You may reach out using our Live Online Chat: https://www.cox.com/residential/contactus.html  

Thank you, 

Cox Support Forums Moderator 

donpratt
        New Contributor II

Thanks, Michael. When we went to the Cox store to replace the old mini-box remote, we were told that the mini-boxes were no longer available and we’d have to switch to the new models (XG2v2-P).
        One of the other mods replied to another post with an email address to contact. I’ll give that a try and see if there’s any way to go back to the better mini-boxes.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Have you checked with Cox to see if you can replace the new boxes with mini boxes?

Does anybody know if new, mini box installs are an available option?