Forum Discussion

J-E-R
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Manage DVR "Rules" with Contour 2

I am a longtime user of Contour1 DVRs.

I now have a Contour2 DVR with 6 tuners.

On the Contour1, you could access a list of all the shows you had set recording for, It was the 3rd option in the menu after hitting the DVR button, you saw something like this:

1. Recordings

2. Scheduled recordings

3. Manage recording

4. Missed Recordings

#3 allowed you to prune your record list when shows were canceled or your interests changed. You could also edit your settings to eliminate recordings from a channel specializing in reruns. It also allowed you to compile a list of what recordings needed to be setup when you got a new DVR. (As someone who just setup the new DVR, this list was vital.

Is there a similar function on the Contour2 DVR. I have been exploring, and can see a list of recordings, the schedule of recordings for the next 2 weeks, but no list of all the recordings I set.

Can someone school me on how to do this?

3 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I have Cox TV (Contour 1) so I can't help you with your question.  But, if you don't mind me asking, was it your choice to switch to Contour or were you forced to do so by Cox?  The reason I ask is to find out if Cox TV is still available to customers when a DVR has to be replaced. Thanks.   

J-E-R
      New Contributor II

Several years ago I had a COX tech substitute a 2nd 6 tuner DVR for a simple cable box when he didn't have one on his truck to replace a bad one. That second DVR went bad last week, and when I tried to get a replacement at the Cox Store, they couldn't get their computer system to take the serial number of the replacement DVR. Somehow I had escaped the Cable TV Police for 5 years. So I went home and compiled my list of recordings over the weekend, and picked up the Contour 2 boxes this morning. I just turned in my good DVR this morning in Williamsburg VA. Not sure how many are still in use.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

A fully functioning Cox TV Record 6 cable box is probably hard to come by these days.  Contour offers a lot of features not available with Cox TV.  But to record, playback and watch live TV, Cox TV is far superior.  The cable box you had to turn in is the only receiver Cox has for Cox TV Record 6.   I don't believe they're available any more for a new install.  You probably hated to have to let it go, but I understand why you did.  You are going to find a lot of the capabilities you had with Cox TV aren't availabe with Contour thoiugh.  On the plus side, you're getting a lot of new capabilities.