Forum Discussion

Emacred
New Contributor
4 years ago

HBO Max app

Would really like to have access to all the shows on HBO Max through my Cox Contour box.  There are some shows (Raised by Wolves, for one) that are only available on HBO Max.  I do not have a smart TV because I have a Cox Contour box and I pay for HBO, but can't watch all of HBO shows.

Please listen to your customers and provide an HBO Max app on the Contour box.  Are there even talks about this happening?

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Just curious...what's the make and model of your Smart TV?

I've always felt:  if you want to stream, get a streaming device.  Streaming devices are engineered to stream and have better chipsets and support.  Contour is just a cable box.

Emacred
      New Contributor

I don't have a smart TV,  please read my original post again.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I'm sorry about the assumption.  I just had "Smart TV" on the brain.  i was really just curious about your TV.

Anyway, Cox only allows certain apps on Contour.  Just because you subscribe to HBO, it doesn't mean you're entitled to an app.  You subscribe to HBO and Cox provides the channels.  If you want an app, buy a streaming device.

MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hi Emacred,

We appreciate your interest in adding HBO Max to Contour. At this time, we don't have any information about adding HBO Max to Contour. We have submitted a feature request on your behalf to share your interest. If there are any updates, it will be made available on your monthly statement.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator