Forum Discussion

I_am_Richard
New Contributor III
3 years ago

Frequent signal loss on 579 MHz only

I'm in Oklahoma City and have a SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime connected to my HTPC. I have been experiencing frequent signal loss on USA Network and SyFy.  The HDHomeRun Prime has a web-based interface which allows me to see, among other things, what frequency is being tuned for particular channels, and both of those channels are being sent over frequency 579.000 MHz.  When the signal is working, the signal strength and SNR are both good...about 1.5 dBmV and 38-39 dB respectively.  However, when the signal loss occurs, these numbers drop drastically to unusable levels.  I have eliminated my wiring as a possible source of the issue.  Now I'm wondering if this could be an issue with something in my neighborhood.  Has anyone else experienced this issue, either with those particular channels or that particular frequency?

3 Replies

• Hi I_am_Richard,

If you are experiencing signal loss you will most likely need a technician to come and determine where the issue is occurring. Make sure to tighten any loose connections and check for wear on the cables. Our Social Media team can assist you further via email: cox.help@cox.com, Twitter @coxhelp, or through Facebook. Tech Support is also available online: www.cox.com/.../contactus.html or toll-free number, 1-800-234-3993.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      I_am_Richard
      New Contributor III

The problem with that solution is that the signal loss is sporadic.  Here's the likely result:  Technician comes, the signal is fine during the appointment, technician leaves and closes ticket, then signal loss occurs after technician is gone.  So unless Cox is going to station a technician right outside my door until the signal loss occurs, your solution isn't exactly promising.

As I originally stated, I have eliminated my wiring as an issue.  I believe the problem is further up the network.  But again, if the loss doesn't happen when the technician is present, I could be going in circles.

MichaelJ
        I_am_Richard,

The tech will be able to check inside and outside for signal loss issues. The tech can also determine what next steps are needed.

Mike J.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator