Forum Discussion

GuessImSavingMo
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

DRM on all non-local channels - Omaha

As of this morning, August 10, my non local channels stopped working. Did a rescan on the channels and it looks like they all have drm on them now. Same thing happened back in January but Cox changed...
    3 years ago
    • If you are using a PC-based CableCARD-enabled device from companies such as SiliconDust (e.g., HDHomeRun Prime), ATI (e.g. ATI – TV Wonder) or Ceton (e.g. infiniTV) you must use equipment and software that is DRM-compliant to view DRM-protected channels.

If you wish to record DRM-protected channels, these devices require that Windows Media Center (WMC) must be used to support copy protection.  Some of these devices may require WMC to even view copy-protected channels.  Unfortunately, Microsoft announced in 2015 that WMC would no longer be supported beginning with Windows 10. 

Please contact your device manufacturer if you have additional questions about compatible equipment or software configurations. 

• If you are using a TiVo and are unable to view or make recordings please contact TiVo. 
    3 years ago

Have Cox send a tech to your home... I feel like the last time this happened, enough people caused Cox wasted time they turned it (DRM Flag) back off...  But last time they weren't as forthcoming as they have been in this forum. So it might be pretty concrete at this point. You're still a customer until you cancel though. So roll a truck to your house and waste their time. I know I'll be doing that while I'm watching my 2-week free trial of YouTube TV, knowing full well where this all will end up. 

I'll be recommending them provide me with a few free cable boxes to start with for at least 2 years. We'll see. if they don't then I'll cancel it.

They're trying to protect their content from us honest folks that are willing to pay for it, but still want better access than what Contour can provide. 

Sad... Bunch of Cox..