Forum Discussion

SantaMichaelWil
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Digital tiling-all channels-Virginia Beach, VA

I continue to have repeated digital tiling/screen artifacts that began on Thursday, March 4th, 2021.  I am Cox Complete Care customer in the Ocean Lakes section of Virginia Beach, VA.  I have only one television, a 2020 Samsung 65 inch Q70T, and Gigablast internet.  The internet is fantastic.  No problem there.  At varying intervals, on my TV, I will have digital tiling on my TV, on all channels, from 2 to above.  The tiling does not occur on any On Demand, or Streaming APP.  I had the connectors and all wiring upgraded in September of last year when we went to Gigablast.  I have everything on new surge suppressors and on APC UPS.  I changed out the Contour 2 box on Monday of this week and it did not stop the tiling issue.  I had a Universal Service Technician make an inspection yesterday, Work Order 058611119, and it is marked Completed today.  The Cox tech put in a couple of new connectors, and checked all of my signals, and said my signals were good and that there were no "bitrate errors from the Plant" or at my system, and before he left he watched some TV and confirmed the digital tiling, which appears to occur at specific intervals, such as 7:08:38, 7:10:38, 7:11:38, etc. at all times of the day, on all channels.  The Cox technician stated he would contact "Maintenance" to see if there was anything going on that would cause my issue, and that he would call me back that afternoon, which he did not.  I would like to escalate this issue, please.  What do I do now?

5 Replies

• Hello, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      SantaMichaelWil
      New Contributor II

This issue was elevated to Cox maintenance by the Cox technician who visited my home.  Maintenance has identified noise on my node as the actual issue causing the tiling and will be working on the issue further, according to my technician.  I will update here when I know more.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Since you've swapped everything, it's most likely low-level digital video-signals from Cox dropping in and out.  After confirming the tiling, the tech should have installed an inline amplifier to provide any missing oomph.

SantaMichaelWil
      New Contributor II

The digital tiling on my Cox Cable TV signals ENDED on the afternoon of March 19th, and never returned.  This is being posted as of the evening of March 30th, 2021, so I hope they never return.  My technician was accessible all along and I posted him with updates on when the tiling would occur.  I did not hear back from him on what Cox officially did to end the digital tiling, but as I mentioned before, he did state that maintenance did "see noise" on the line on several occasions during the disrupted channels, which occurred from March 4th through March 19th.  They just stopped.  The only thing I did differently was put in a new Contour 2 box when all of this was happening.  That did not help stop the digital tiling, which makes sense because it was happening somewhere outside of my home.  I would like to thank Cox Cable for helping resolve this exasperating issue, as I value my beautiful TV signal.  Two weeks of crappy tiling is enough for now.