Forum Discussion

Spingal25
New Contributor
11 months ago

Cox store didn't honor new contract rate they gave me

My two-year Cox contract expired this month. Prior to it expiring I went to my local Cox store to understand what type of a rate I would be offered for my next contract. I worked with the gentleman named David Cardenas in the Rancho Santa Margarita Cox store in California. We had a long discussion about my options including moving to Cox mobile.  But I'm on my sister's contract so I needed to check with her. Before I left the store, I confirmed all the rates with David and was told if I didn't move to Cox mobile my new monthly rate would be $193.97. I talked with my sister and didn't want to change cellular providers.  So I emailed David and said I can't move to Cox mobile but I will go with the $193.97 plan he and I discussed.  I listed the new agreed upon cost in the email. I got a response from him stating everything was set to go. Imagine my surprise when I got a notification from Cox that my new bill was going to be $239! I immediately called the store but couldn't get a hold of David because he was with another customer. I explained the situation to someone else and they told me David would contact me. It has been days and I've heard nothing from him and I've even sent him two emails asking for him to respond to me. I cannot believe he committed to this rate and the fact that he would take care of setting it up and then did nothing and is now refusing to respond to my request to talk to him. I am tired of dealing with Cox.  I am retired and can't afford to keep paying ridiculously high bills for my Internet and television service. But Cox doesn't care. Tomorrow I'm going into the store in Rancho Santa Margarita to talk to him in person.  My expectation is that Cox will honor the rate I was quoted by David.  The sad part is I had been on the Cox website and saw that $193+ price and could have signed up for it myself.  I left it to David to take care of this for me; big mistake!   I'm so done with Cox and I'm going to start investigating other options for both Internet and TV.  I was excited to be able to stay with them when I was given the $193.97 plan but now I can't wait to get away from them. I'm tired of this game we play every two years when my contract expires.  

• Hello, Springal25. 

I'm really sorry this has happened and can understand why you'd be upset. I like to save money too and would feel the same way if I had gotten an email advising me of a higher rate than I expected. I'd really like to help. Maybe I can save you a trip to the store. Please know the purpose of the Cox forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox services with other customers and we encourage our users to assist each other where possible via this avenue. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name, complete street address, the details of your concern and a link to this post.  Because this post falls outside of the purpose of our forums I will be locking this thread.