Forum Discussion

Steve72
New Contributor
5 years ago

Broadcast Surcharges

I noticed the Broadcast surcharges jumped from $10.00 to $13.50.  How does Cox justify a 35% increase?  I noticed from online posts that the broadcast surcharge was only $4.00 in the beginning of 2018.  Is cox claiming that their rates have more than tripled in the last 2 years?  Or, are you just charging the customers whatever you want for profit?  I've never seen anything increase in cost by more than 300% in 2 years.  This is crazy!

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

you do real realize this is not an official cox forum it's more a customer helping customer forum

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Steve72

Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. Billing and account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. For further assistance, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      SDC94
      New Contributor

Seems to me that Steve72's original question fit's the 'exchange ideas and get information' aspect of these forums. 

It's a valid question that more than a few users wonder about. On top of that (and just checked my last statement) my surcharge was $10.00 (still question why). I'm in the Northeast market. 

Andrew_Wees
        Contributor III

maybe the the local channels raised the fees for cox to carry them, so they raised customer prices