Forum Discussion

TucsonSam
New Contributor
3 years ago

Auto-Mute Closed Captions When Using Guide

Impossible to read the program descriptions when scrolling through the guide as the closed captions from the current program are shown on top of the guide text.

Either show the guide information on top of the closed captions or temporarily stop showing the closed captions whenever the guide is open.

Hope this can be addressed.

6 Replies

TucsonSam
      New Contributor

Hi @Ben S., thanks for the link but none of those options really help unless the guide text is 'in front of' the caption text. I've done my share of UI design and development and to me this is a defect in the design. Hope it can be fixed in a future release :)

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

A useful shortcut is to double-tap the B key to enable/disable CC.

TucsonSam
      New Contributor

Yes, thanks, aware of that option, was looking for something "automatic", maybe something for the product managers to add in the future.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Just my thoughts.  I think putting the captioning "behind" the Guide would be equivalent to muting the audio for the non hearing-impaired.  Most hearing impaired can multitask read.

I agree some placement of the captioning obscures program descriptions within the Guide, but Cox has no control of this.

I think the best solution is with the Mini Guide (Right Arrow).  If we launch the Mini Guide and press Info, Cox or Comcast should keep the program description within the frame of the Mini Guide.  Meaning, code Contour to not launch another frame in the bottom-third for program/channel descriptions.