Forum Discussion

what_ever
New Contributor
7 years ago

No dial tone

Well, I guess it's official. As of today, my landline no longer works. I've avoided the total inconvenience of this "upgrade" but today was informed by a chat with Cox that the reason I have no line is I haven't upgraded.

4 Replies

what_ever
    New Contributor

I decided to try again. First call to Cox, I got a "gee probably" answer, despite pushing for an exact answer as to if this upgrade is now mandatory.

Decided to call again and got a better rep who actually tried to find the answer which was it's not mandatory until Feb 2019. The tech person she was talking to did find some odd stuff on my line (like it looks like it's off the hook) and he'd call me directly on my cell immediately to let me know what he was seeing.

That was more than an hour ago .Sigh.

And then this company wonders why they have such a horrible customer service reputation? :-0

• Hello what ever, We are unable to pull a signal from your current phone equipment. This could be a loss of power to the unit which is repairable, but if the unit needs replaced the techs do not have any to replace it with and would need to migrate the service to the modem application. If you would like for us to set up an appointment to see if the tech can restore the current device, we would be happy to assist. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread and we can provide you with some available appointment times.
    what_ever
    New Contributor

Thank you Danny for a real answer! Never did hear from the tech guy who was supposed to call me. I appreciate your real answer very much!

• Hello what ever, You are welcome and sorry they did not contact you back as promised. You are welcome to contact us anytime for assistance.