Forum Discussion

MasterMyDomain
Contributor
2 years ago

Call History Not Working

Call history stopped working a week ago, .""We are currently experiencing technical difficulties...." then "Error while fetching call records"  Five days ago Tiffany told me to send an email to Cox which I did but they did not respond.  Four days ago I did a Chat and they said it was a nationwide problem and would be fixed by Friday - - yesterday.  Still not fixed.  This has been a recurring problem for 7 years.

106 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • My call history stopped working in late August but the last time I downloaded my call history was 8/1/2022.  The last call downloaded was 8/1/2022 at 7:18 am PDT.  I am missing 90 days of calls on my cumulative spreadsheet and at the end of this month (November) it will be 120 days and Cox will start dropping calls from the call history (it only goes back 120 days) and they will be lost to me forever.  Cox hasn't provided any details about what is causing the problem, but if they can convert my call history to a CSV file and send it to me I can strip out the calls needed to get current and the 120 day issue will be pushed further out.  I'm desperate.  

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

If a corrupted call entry is causing the error, "Call history" might start working again when the corrupted entry is dropped after 120 days of availability expires.  That would require the back-end process that deletes expired entries to function properly.  But, an error would affect Cox's processing, so error resolution would be a priority.  You would lose some data, but your Call history should work going forward for calls that occurred after the corrupted entry.  If this is the case, Cox wouldn't tell you to wait 3-4 months, but they would probably have reason to believe the error will correct itself... eventually.

The web page displaying call history fails because it uses a collection that includes the corrupted data even if your days criteria is limited to calls after the date of the error.

TiffanyR
      Hello MasterMyDomain,

I understand that you are pretty anxious to have this problem with the call history resolved. As are we. We are working to get this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. I apologize for the delay.

Tiffany R.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
      MasterMyDomain
      Contributor

CurtB mentioned that if a corrupted call entry is causing the error, "Call history" may start working again when the corrupted entry is dropped after 120 days of availability expires.

If it doesn’t then my calls will be lost forever. Can’t Cox just send me a waiver of privacy rights to sign so that someone can look at the data in my file, even print it out if necessary. There is nothing in my call history that I want to hide from anyone. It’s mostly incoming robocalls.

Or send me a copy of the file and let me know what program it is written in and I will find a way to print out the data and manually find the corruption. There are usually about 100 calls a month so manually looking at 300 calls might take 15 minutes, including a coffee break.

• Hello Curt B,

At this point, we do not know the cause of the issues with the forum posts going missing. We are still investigating this and will provide an update once available.

Tiffany R.
  • A few days ago, I don't know the exact day because my call history hasn't worked since August, I called the Cox help line to follow-up on the ticket number that was issued many moons ago to fix my call history.  He said the file was very large but not much recently and would follow up and have someone call me or email me with an update.  Guess what.  No calls, no emails.  Of course if they called and didn't leave a message I wouldn't know about it because my call history doesn't work.  And for awhile I wasn't receiving the emails they said they sent even though no other emails failed to arrive, even ones from other Cox departments.  Next week calls will start dropping off the history and will be lost forever because the last time I did a download was August 1 and the 120th day since my last download will be December 1.  I'm only one customer so I guess Cox doesn't care about one little old malcontent, but over 5000 have looked at this topic on the Forum.  If I owned a business I wouldn't want 5000 customers to know I can't or won't fix problems. 

TiffanyR
      Hello MasterMyDomain,

I want to thank you for your extreme patience with this Cox History Issue. Please know that we are still working on this. The issue has moved away from the ticket that was originally created and the Phone Tools team and I have been in constant contact through an email chain. We are waiting on a release of an update that we are confident will resolve the issue that you are experiencing. I am still waiting on a timeline for when the release will happen. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.

Tiffany R.
        CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Hi, TiffanyR.  I have no doubt that you've had a number of email exchanges with your provider about this issue.  I'm just a little suspicious that the timing of the "update" will be whenever the corrupted data that caused the issue is deleted (because it exceeded the 120 days limit).  If it starts working, they may tell you they fixed it when it possibly fixed itself, without your provider doing anything.

• It's been 120 days since the last download of my call history which means that calls that are 120 days old are now dropping off the history and will be lost forever.  My call history hasn't worked for 100 days despite Forum postings, emails, live chats, and phone calls to Cox.  Lots of apologies, no results.  Has anyone been fired?  Probably not.  I imagine everyone sitting in the coffee room sipping their lattes and laughing about it.  I promised myself to never go back to AT&T, but all options are back on the table, including TV.  My big, outdoor antenna brings in stations from San Diego and Los Angeles and I can record them in HD and not worry about losing them if the DVR breaks.  No extra charge for the TVs in other rooms.  They all connect to the antenna too.  

TiffanyR
      Hello MasterMyDomain,

I completely understand your frustrations with how long this has taken. We are still working to make the fix that will allow you to have access to the call history again. I am sorry that this has taken so long. We are thoroughly testing the fix to ensure that it will not cause any other issues that might be more devastating to your service. Please know that we have not forgotten about you. I continue to check the status of the escalation every day that I work. Again, I am truly sorry for the delay.

Tiffany R.
        WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Tiffany, is the situation outsourced to a vendor like my lost posts? If so, what is wrong with your vendors? Are they outsourced over seas or something? Do we need to get a shocky monkey?

• MY CALL HISTORY IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!  I downloaded 120 days.  Its missing Aug 1 after 7:18 am through Aug  7 but I can live with that...please don't try to fix it.  I want to thank everyone who made this joyous occasion possible and remind the 5,615 fans who supported me in this endeavor that persistence pays.  Press on!  Tally-ho the fox!

TiffanyR
      Hello MasterMyDomain,

Thank you so much for taking my call earlier and confirming that everything was working. I am so glad and grateful that you allowed me to assist you with this. Again, I am truly sorry that the fix took so long. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Tiffany R.
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Great news!  Now you just need to wean yourself off Cox Call History.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III
        My call history stopped working in late August but the last time I downloaded my call history was 8/1/2022. 

If OP hasn't attempted to download the Call History in the past six days, it took 120 to purge something outfa there.

To:  (Tue) 6 Dec 2022
        Result: 126 days
        Adjust:  126 - 6 = 120

Cox didn't do anything.  They just waited four months.