Forum Discussion

dclgolf
New Contributor
2 years ago

WPS

Just got the new panoramic gateway PW8. HP air printer can not find the WiFi. No WPS button on the gateway and can not find anything in the apps to turn it on. Anybody got any suggestions. 

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Found here;

The Technicolor CGM4981 has the following ports and buttons.

• WPS - Located on the back of the gateway above the telephone ports, this button can be used instead of entering the WiFi password to connect wireless devices that support WPS to the gateway. WPS works only for wireless networks that use a password that is encrypted with the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols.

Pressing and holding the WPS button for 60 seconds results in a factory reset. All customized settings are lost and all settings are set back to factory defaults.

dclgolf
      New Contributor

Thanks, I thought that was just the reset button. How long do I press it to enter just WPS? Will the white light change

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Not sure. Don't have one to test. Maybe a second or two. Just don't hold it 60 seconds or it will factory reset.

BTW, WPS is a security vulnerability. If it was me I would disable it and find some way to connect the device manually. However that may not be possible with your printer/gateway.