Forum Discussion

jumpjiggy
New Contributor
5 years ago

Why did the technician tack the coaxial cord on the exterior of my brand new construction home instead of running it through the house or burying the cord?

The technician put a box at the exterior of my home and then ran the coaxial cord down the side of my house. He tacked the cord to the brick. Nobody else in my neighborhood has this and my home is the newest in the neighborhood. Why does cox not try to conceal the cord? 

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It may be an issue with grounding.  It's position now may be close to a ground on the telco side or if it's close to your power meter, it may be grounded there.  Cable installers do have electrical certifications.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cables should be tacked (secured) to eliminate any slack.  "Loose" cables are vulnerable to weed wackers, animals, kids...anything capable of catching, cutting or pulling it.

As you know, there has to be a hole in your house for the cable to pass through from the exterior NIU to your interior wall plate.  How far is this hole from the NIU?

jumpjiggy
      New Contributor

The hole is about 40 feet from the niu. Maybe the design of the house is the issue...idk. I may have to get an electrician to come out and see if we can change some things. We expected our cable connection to be concealed like everyone else. 

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @jumpjiggy Hello, I have submitted a request to have our Field Escalation Team look into this matter further, and an associate should be reaching out to you within 72 business hours. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send us an email at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator