Forum Discussion

darkhorse
New Contributor II
5 years ago

What does it take for Cox to act on a Ticket submitted 6 weeks ago re emails going to spam

I'm ready to move to a new email provider if Cox doesn't get their act together. Cox doesn't allow customers to whitelist email addresses they want to receive mail from, you have to submit a ticket. I submitted a ticket April 12 and followed up 3-4 times and all I hear is that there's a backlog. They don't seem to have a backlog when it comes to increasing my bill. So I have legitimate emails from Google, Youtube, HBO, my gas company, my own city government, Netflix, Godaddy, numerous other emails I signed up to receive, and most importantly, work-related emails that consistently go to spam. Still no resolution. This is terrible customer service.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I've been using the Spam folder as my Inbox.

Steve_A
      New Contributor III

Cox webmail is very unfriendly when it comes to creating a "white list" of non spam email addresses.   There is no specific white list option.    Cox Support told me you have to use their Webmail to then go to Settings / Inbox and then Filter Rules and then define rules for what email you want to sent to your inbox or some other folder.

Also....there is an option in webmail for "spam settings" to do No Spam Filtering:

Also.....check other discussions in this forum.    There's a Cox email address that you can forward your email to have Cox not consider it spam.   I think it's thisisnotspam@cox.net   (better check this because I haven't used it in long time)

darkhorse
        New Contributor II

Thanks. Yes, I've been forwarding emails to thisisnotspam@cox.net since April and no luck. I've sent several emails to help.cox@cox.net and all they do is tell me to forward to thisisnotspam@cox.net.  I've had to turn off spam filtering altogether. I tried to use the filter rules and way too confusing.