Forum Discussion

John2222
Contributor
31 days ago
Solved

"Update Now" email link blocked !!!

I got an email from Cox Care <lremaklus@cox.net> or I think it is Cox telling me to "Update Now" for the transition?

Is this email valid or is it spam?

Dear User
customers who have not updated their email account will no longer be able to log in to their COX.

Kindly follow the connection underneath to refresh record of emails and up-date account.

UPDATE NOW

Notice: Ignoring this message would lead to the termination of your Mailbox without permission.

Thanks for using Cox 2024

• Hi John, I know spam and phishing emails like this are frustrating I get them too. This is not an email we would send out. I get emails like this too  If you would like to, please report it by forwarding a copy of the email to abuse@cox.com 

Abuse Submission Guidelines

The following are the basic submission guidelines for sending issues to abuse@cox.com.

• When forwarding the email, do not attach additional files. Forward the email exactly how you received it.
    • Do not attach additional files to the email. For security reasons, attachments will not be opened. Provide evidence by copying and pasting from your log files or email headers.
    • Do not send emails larger than 64 KB (kilobytes) in size (approximately 800 lines).
    • Send emails in plain text format. HTML and Rich Text are difficult to process.
    • Remove extraneous information (such as non-Cox IP addresses) from the report.
    • Do not include trace routes, ping results, or WHOIS information.

Greg 

Cox Forum Moderator

2 Replies

• Hi John, I know spam and phishing emails like this are frustrating I get them too. This is not an email we would send out. I get emails like this too  If you would like to, please report it by forwarding a copy of the email to abuse@cox.com 

Abuse Submission Guidelines

The following are the basic submission guidelines for sending issues to abuse@cox.com.

• When forwarding the email, do not attach additional files. Forward the email exactly how you received it.
    • Do not attach additional files to the email. For security reasons, attachments will not be opened. Provide evidence by copying and pasting from your log files or email headers.
    • Do not send emails larger than 64 KB (kilobytes) in size (approximately 800 lines).
    • Send emails in plain text format. HTML and Rich Text are difficult to process.
    • Remove extraneous information (such as non-Cox IP addresses) from the report.
    • Do not include trace routes, ping results, or WHOIS information.

Greg 

Cox Forum Moderator

Rdrolet
    New Contributor III

John and Greg

Frankly this issue is marginally solved. These phishing emails are too frequent with Cox. 

But more importantly; Cox could have organized this Yahoo transition better. These vague Cox emails indicating Cox is about to move emails soon; over the course of now 3-4 months; with no specific timeline; has created a frustrating experience. Customers rely on their emails operating 24/7; as your business operates.

Cox’s reputation is compromised.