Forum Discussion

New Contributor
6 years ago

unburied internet line

I had been a Cox customer for 10+ years until recently. November 1st i moved into a new home and had Cox transfer my service.

They had to run new internet line as it is a brand new home. I was told during installation that someone would bury my line within 2

weeks. I made them aware how important it was to have the line buried due to having children and dogs playing in my backyard. 

I let 3 weeks go by and no word from Cox. When i called they told me the order for the line to be buried was completed. However,

the line was still laying in my yard. So i they put in another order for the line to be buried. Once again 2 weeks later the service was never

completed. When i called i was told the order had been cancelled so a new order was put in. 2 weeks later with no buried line i called again

and was told the order was once again cancelled. This time when i called they connected me to a supervisor and i was told she was escalating the

order and she would follow up with me in 2 days to be sure it had been scheduled. 5 days later still no follow up call from the supervisor

and no appointment for the line to be buried. When i called AGAIN i was told the order was cancelled AGAIN! This is when i called

AT&T and had my service transferred. They were here within 2 days to connect my new service and the line was buried within a week.

I now have faster internet for a fraction of the price with superior customer service. My neighbor has had his Cox internet line laying in his yard for

at least a month now. I will be letting them know of my issues and the great customer service AT&T has provided me.

Very disappointed with Cox.

1 Reply

• Hi 32608,

We can certainly investigate this issue; however, we will need some information in order to do so. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and complete address. You can also reach out to us on Twitter and Facebook through the following links: www.facebook.com/.../ and https://twitter.com/CoxHelp.

Maria L.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator