Forum Discussion

wayjay
New Contributor II
7 years ago

Unable to delete messages in Cox webmail inbox

When I try to delete a message in my Cox inmail box, I receive this notice:

"Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first."
This cannot be the reason that I cannot move the message to the trash folder because my mailbox shows that it is nowhere near full. When I go the the trash folder, it shows:

"Error
An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request."
When will the error "inside the server" be fixed? I have been a satisfied Cox customer for over 25 years. Perhaps it's time to change.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello,

This is a known issue that we are currently working on resolving. The current work around that we have is to select the "Empty" multiple times. This should resolve the issue for now. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.

sherry_klusman
      New Contributor

This should NOT be an ongoing issue. This all started yesterday!!!!!!! The ability to delete messages is vital. I can't even delete what's in my SPAM folder. This is just another ding against staying with COX.

yohhon
    New Contributor II

I can't even find my spam or trash buttons? How do you go back to old settings? old email lay out !!

Campmaster
      New Contributor III

I have been having this problem for at least two months. Last nite used two different browsers, Chrome and Edge. Two computers. Could not delete only one message at a time for several messages, then log out of Cox and back in, try again and again. Been like this for weeks. Spam empty. Trash empty. 3.4 gig of 15 used. No way to put a "trouble ticket in". Seems like Cox is saying "go away kid, you botha me". I think I might after 20 years, "go away". What to do Ms/Mr MODERATOR???

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Hover your cursor over the small iconin the lower left corner of Inbox.  The screen tip will read "Open folder view".  Click it and the icons above it will disappear and folders will reappear.