Forum Discussion

tigernike23
New Contributor III
4 years ago
Solved

Speed halved after recent outage

Equipment: Arris SB6190 (have a SB6183 on standby if needed). ASUS RT-1900P router. Hello, My first and hopefully last post in this forum. This is pretty straightforward. I’ll try to explain wh...
    tigernike23
    4 years ago

Hi Chris, and thank you for responding. I’m sorry for venting my frustration on here, please know I do not personally blame the support techs who I have been in contact with, and greatly appreciate their help and support in whatever way possible.

That’s an interesting idea about the 10/100 deal, I’ve checked my equipment and they are all equipped with gigabit ports, but something could be falling back to 10/100. As a matter of fact, on the speed tests it does act like an invisible barrier at 100. What would you like me to snap a picture of?

I would like to mention, that in the midst of my frustration last night I did a manual power cycle of the modem. More accurately, I unplugged it for almost an hour. When it came up, I then did a reset from within the Cox app on my phone. Since then it’s stayed in the 120-150 range, which is absolutely a-ok with me. It’s now been 24 hours and it hasn’t fallen back. I’m not constantly testing it either, as I had to go in to work today instead of working remotely.

On the technician thing, I went over to a friends house today to troubleshoot their speeds and WiFi. They had a Cox tech over there, but the tech said they are not allowing techs inside houses in Phoenix due to COVID-19. So I’m not sure what the tech could do besides check the taps outside. But if you think a tech should check them, by all means send one.

Anyway, sorry for the long post.

-Ryan