Forum Discussion

Internetdown
New Contributor
4 years ago

short internet outages last weeks

In the last weeks we have many short outages.  Its interrupting meetings and talks.

To give you an idea:

Disconnects last 24H  15x 

Anybody else experiencing this in zip code 92651  and what this can be?

2year ago similar problems, cox replaced an old splitter in the cox service box in the street...

8 Replies

soliver
    New Contributor

I'm getting the same thing, all throughout the day just short but frequent outages. I'm in zip code 85373

Allan
      @Soliver, Your modem is currently up and running with a good signal. Are you experiencing issues with the service at this time? If not, please reach out to us when you are so we can look into that for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
  • @Internetdown, Your modem is up and running with a good signal at this time. Are you experiencing this issue with all devices in the home or just one? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Internetdown
      New Contributor

Allan, don't know,  but will install a connection logger later today and start tracking  on another computer to check and see if it is one device or more.

SueD
    New Contributor

Having the same problem in 85204. Worse during the day and it’s so frequent A dial up would be an improvement. Tried calling Cox to see if they could test my modem from their end but all they did was a reboot. I’ve done that so many times it’s probably worn out by now. A new modem right now? Could the timing be worse? 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @SueD

Are you having this issue being hardwired to the modem, router, or wireless?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    KMpatterson
    New Contributor

92056 - cox goes down briefly a couple times a day. Sometimes long stretches of the exact same time each day.

LisaH
      Hi KMpatterson. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator