Forum Discussion

LUV
New Contributor
5 years ago

Setup service required!

Hi all, 

I just sign up for COX internet service at my new house. According to the phone tech, we need a new setup service. I called phone tech for an appointment and also walked into the store. I still don't have a real appointment yet. The current setup appointment is Dec 25, 2021. How come there is no one available to set up an internet service??? Cox charged my $50 deposit so fast, but can't provide me the service. This is ridiculous!!! 

10 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Did the tech define the "setup service?"  If you need an outside NIU and wires, you may be able to hire a contractor.

bearone2
    Contributor III

so you don't have the real apartment, maybe why they gave you the absurd "show-up" date!!

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @LUV

Sounds like the address doesn't qualify for a self-install and needs a pro install which requires a technician inside the house. Because of the social distance, our technicians can’t go inside the house. The date provided just allows us to schedule a work order once we began entering homes you will be contacted by our field leadership team to schedule an appointment.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

If you change the rules for a pro-install due to COVID, then change the rules for self-install due to COVID.  What can a tech do a competent person or contractor can't?  Publish some self-install guides.