Forum Discussion

mjdfano
New Contributor II
4 months ago

Rogers outage part 2

Since they shut down replies from my previous post, I thought I would start another with an update. I received a text saying my service had been restored.  Of course it was still down and the whole neighborhood was still down. 
The app said service was good and no place to report the outage.  After much searching I finally got a live agent to text with. I explained we’ve been without service for weeks and I want to report an outage. He made me go thorough all the scripted troubleshooting steps resetting the router and other nonsense.  I spent an hour with this agent that could only read his script.  Finally he said they would have to send someone to the house and it might cost me $75 if it was my issue.  Of course I said get them here so I can talk to a real human and explain that there is still a real outage. The technicians came today, sat in the car watching a video. I went out to the car and told them they should check the cox green box in the neighbors yard to make sure they have connectivity there before looking in my house. They left shortly after that without giving me an update. I then checked the app and it now says there is an outage in your area. Go figure. So frustrating. 
looks like Verizon business has hot spots available. Only 50Mbs but it might be better than nothing. 

• Hi mjdfano. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Cox Support Forums Moderator

LowEffortCox
      New Contributor II

The situation is that we get nothing but PR bits of useless information. We're shown where the outage is and yet no Cox truck is to be seen near the site. Your customers are here complaining because nothing else seems to work. Know we can always live chat with someone from India but that only goes so far. It needs to be fixed this week, or expect to have fleeing customers. Ritter Communication is your new competition in this area, better get to it.

Becky

Hi Everyone, while I don't have the specific location of where our techs are working, please know that we are aware of the urgency in your neighborhood and we're working to restore service as quickly as possible. My youngest son gets really excited during an outage because he hopes to see "the Cox man" in the big bucket truck. He isn't old enough to understand that the issue impacting the signal to the node can be multiple miles away and can sometimes be inside our plant, which means techs working to restore service may not be out in the impacted neighborhoods. I certainly understand how frustrating and disheartening it is waiting for services to be restored, and I apologize for the inconvenience and impact the outage has on your families. Thank you for your patience and your loyalty during this time! 

sidcdemi
    New Contributor II
    1. It does really feel like cox has given up on the area. I've barely seen any trucks in the area since the beginning of last week. Communication is non-existent and customer care has been basically told they can't talk to us and to instead use the copy paste response they've been given. Last week in the thread (which is now locked for some reason) I was trying to be super understanding of the situation cox was in but now I've lost all hope in this company.