Forum Discussion

smokie56
New Contributor
7 years ago

Ring doorbell can’t connect to 2.4 network. Anu

we have the Panoramic WiFi modem/router from COX. All was great til last Tuesday morning when we woke up to no internet connection. We had trouble all week getting things connected again, Cox said they were doing Planned Maintenance and it would be finished on April 19. We still had problems and had a tech out here last Saturday. Couldn’t find anything wrong. We have what we can on the 5Ghz network. Tbe Ring still won’t connect, says it is offline. I need tbe 2.4 to get it connected. Having a hard time getting onto it. Says my password is incorrect but I can recite it in my sleep. Even changed the name of the network and password and still having problems. Doorbell is about 40 feet from where the modem router is. What is strange is that my printer is in the back room and it connected. Sorry this is so long but I am frustrated with this. Paid good money for a video doorbell that won’t connect since this last outage.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Smokie56, If you're able to connect other devices to your 2.4GHz network the issue is likely not the network itself, especially if you can use other 2.4GHz connected devices in the vicinity of the doorbell. If this is the case, you might need to go through your Doorbell setup again, particularly after changing your network name and/or password.
      smokie56
      New Contributor

Did that or should I say tried more times than I can count.