Forum Discussion

CBFl
New Contributor II
10 months ago

Returned equipment charge

In May we purchased our own equipment and returned the equipment owned by cox back to them. They took that 200$ charge and applied it to my May bill. This left me with a 54$ credit in my favor. Yet my June bill shows up and they have added that 200$ back onto my bill with the only explanation on the bill being unsecured equipment. When I questioned this in June they told me I was absolutely correct and I paid the remaining 90+$ on my bill. This month that 200$ shows up on my bill again. I call and question it and have been given every answer from missing my May bill which they applied the 200$ equipment credit too. To Just look at my Jun bill it has an explanation. But the oy explanation is that equipment charge. This has turned into a screaming mat h with the lazy account manager in Bston Rouge,LA whom seems to be inventing charges. How do I solve this?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Cox equipment return receipts can be complicated to read.  Due to repeated reported issues with equipment return issues, I have all of my receipts framed on the wall for quick reference.  Looking back at them, there's usually a table under the converter information section that has 3 colums: Serial# Item# and Issued.  This list will include all equipment that was linked to your account at the time of the transaction.  Returned equipment will indicate "RETURNED" for the Issued column and will list the date the equipment was issued if it still remains on your account unreturned.

I suggest checking your receipt again to make sure none of the equipment listed has dates shown in the Issued column as that would indicate it has not been returned.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

If you returned the equipment to a Solution Store, you could go back and explain with your May, Jun and Jul bills.  You could also send an email to cox.help@cox.com with your full name and complete address.

CBFl
      New Contributor II

I have done this. And they agree and then the next month it ends up back on my bill and the argument starts again. It's one supervisor out of Baton Rouge.  This actually seems to be a common problem with Cox and people have a very hard time getting it fixed.

Darkatt
        Valued Contributor III

Take your copy of your receipt with you, let them photocopy of it, and you record your conversation with them, as long as you are in a state that allows it. 

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

take your copy of the receipt showing you returned the equipment to the solution store, and the charge will be removed.