Forum Discussion

Pitstop1961
New Contributor II
2 years ago

Port Forwarding on new Cox Panoramic Modem/Router

For many years, I had enabled port forwarding on a pc I run as a home theatre to allow me to monitor it remotely from another desktop pc and on my mobile devices. 2 weeks ago I "upgraded" to the new panoramic wifi modem/router and had to reenter the port forwarding information but I still can't view it remotely. For two weeks, I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work and I can't see what's wrong. I finally called Cox today and their response was they couldn't help me but for an additional monthly charge I can get CoxCare and then they'd be able to assist me. Why do I have to pay an additional monthly charge to get something to work that before I "upgraded" worked fine? Is there something simple I'm missing, some setting that needs to be checked that wasn't needed before, to simply get port forwarding to work? I can see the ports have been added in the Panoramic WiFi app.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

The answer is, Cox tech support no longer provides support for port forwarding. Tier 1 probably doesn't know what it means, and the advanced support will refer you to CCC, 10$ a month for advanced support. 

Pitstop1961
      New Contributor II

That to me is just crazy. I don't claim to be an expert in this field but I've been able to port forward for over a decade on several different devices without issue. I set it up initially, changed parameters when necessary if the port I needed changed, added and removed them at will. There's nothing I'm doing differently. There's a step that's been added that's making it necessary for the "advanced support" requirement for an additional cost. My bill is high enough already. I've had car payments less than what I'm paying.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Do you have a iOS device to try with? I hear the android app is glitched.

Pitstop1961
      New Contributor II

No, sorry. Only Android. It took some doing but I found out where to go to set Port Forwarding up ..... View Equipment -> Under Gateway - Advanced Settings -> Port Forwarding. I entered the ports for the correct device and I can see them. I just can't see them remotely on my desktop or mobile devices.