Forum Discussion

Cnthlp
New Contributor
5 months ago

Plug in coaxial cable (pulls multiple times, can’t reach)

Love playing round Robin on the customer service circuit via chat and phone call to eventually automated service which hangs up on me. (The people are nice but unable to help).

I went to a Cox store, where a lad was able to give me a short coaxial to connect. Go through the same procedures all over again. Not working now either.

And here I was thinking an apartment with pre-installed internet was a win. 

Yes I followed the sage advice of Richard Ayoade and Chris O’Dowd: I’ve tried turning it off and on again. Unplugging and plugging back in too.

What does it take to get a technician out here? A blood sacrifice?

4 Replies

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

WHat is the black/grey box with the yellow ethernet coming out of it? Is it some kind of fiber ONT? If so, you need the fiber version of the gateway or your own router. If you have coaxial, why isn't the coaxial cord hooked up to the gateway?

Cnthlp
      New Contributor

The image in the instructions showed it being inserted into the white box. Again, the coaxial cables cannot be extended any further as they anchored down within the wall. If the coaxial cord is supposed to be hooked into the grey gateway, then why isn’t that shown in the prompts? 🫤 I will try to see if I can direct it there somehow, maybe it will be the golden key to success… Thank you

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I thought the picture was done after you got the coaxial extension. Still curious what the black box with the yellow ethernet is. Doesn't look like the white nokia ONT that they usually give with service. Maybe a newer ONT for 2Gbps service? If it's a Cox ONT then you don't need coaxial going into the white box(gateway). If it's not, then unplug it from the gateway.

• Him, there. I'm really sorry about the difficulties with your install. I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message. We're glad to assist you in getting this connected properly.