Forum Discussion

nolaHRguy
New Contributor
3 years ago

Panoramic wifi pod 2.0 will never connect. just flashes white.

So to start off I'm using the PW7 gateway, The brilliant contractor that renovated my apt decided to only put one cable line coming in, in the living room at the front of the house.  I ordered a wifi pod 2.0 to help get more signal to the back of the building.  I've tried installing it, and three times I got errors saying it could not connect.  The app said to unplug the gateway, plug it back in and wait 10 mins, then try again. 

I did that, 3 times.

I called tech support yesterday and the agent really didn't know what she was doing.  She was confused why it didn't have a different SSID than the gateway.  We both noticed the app was updating about 10-15mins later when I connected a device (echo) to the network.  so I figured something was just not working right on the backend

I tried again this morning.  now it's saying it just can't connect and won't install.  I took it one step further and signed into the admin page for the gateway and did a factory reset.  

Tried to chat with someone in tech support and all they did was cut and past instructions to me. zero help.  

Does anyone have any ideas? 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

There are different types of SSIDs:  BSSID, ESSID and SSID.

Which Panoramic is the PW7?

Does the Panoramic connect to the Pods via 2.4 or 5 GHz?  Are both enabled?  How far are the Pods from the Panoramic?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't have the Panoramic so I can't explore.

If rep thinks the Panoramic and Pods have the same BSSID, this could be a problem.

The Panoramic is your WiFI, right?  Meaning, the Panoramic isn't in Bridge Mode for another router.

Does a wall switch control the electrical outlets?

Does the Panoramic offer MAC Address Filtering and if so, is it currently enabled?

While initializing the Pods, did you happen to change the name(s) of your network?

I've read you should only plug in and initialize one Pod at first and after success...plug in the next Pod.

Ensure your Panoramic has a single SSID for both 2.4 & 5 GHz bands.

Pods are dual band but require one WiFi network name and password.  They do not support separate network names for the 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz bands.

If the Pod is going to connect to a gateway that is currently configured with two separate network names, then during the Pod activation, the network names will be combined into one and will take the name of either the 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz band.

Note: This means that two bands exist, but are combined into one network name to allow for a seamless WiFi experience as a device moves around the home.

www.cox.com/.../understanding-panoramic-wifi-pods.html