Forum Discussion

darthdad
New Contributor
4 years ago

Panoramic Modem Stability

For the past two Fridays I have had to fight with my internet connection from cox. I have the Panoramic wifi modem and the gigablast service. Last Friday the modem started flashing amber mid evening (9 pm). All front end connections over wifi and wire stayed connected but no internet access. Tried recycling modem, unplugging replugging cables and power. Engaged tech support. No one could get the modem talking to the internet. scheduled a service call for following Monday (3 day wait). Meanwhile, swapped out an older cable modem - still no internet. Then put the original Panoramic back and it just started working. Cancelled service call worked great until this Friday afternoon (4 pm) then the same thing happened. Cox couldn't get it working. Tech scheduled for Tuesday this time (4 day wait). Did the same test with backup modem but this time I checked signal and it looked like that modem was getting cox but maybe not registered as a client anymore. Anyway put all get back and panoramic working again last night and today. Gonna keep appointment this time but has anyone seen this where leaving the modem unplugged for like 30 minutes can fix a problem that a 30 second unplug won't? Caching issue (on cox side)? Overheated hardware (that only trips once a week or so? Modem possessed? (JK but you know those gremlins are pretty clever..lol). Thanks.

4 Replies

BRADLEJ
    New Contributor

Hello. I’ve been having this same issue since I came back from out of town last night. Reset the Panaramic router and would work for a little bit then internet would go in and out. This morning powered it off by pulling the power cable and then plugging it back in. Working so far. I had an issue in the past it would get hot where it was located. I’ve since moved it and seemed to help. 

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      darthdad
      New Contributor

As I mentioned, I already have a service request in to Cox for later this week. I wanted to see if anyone else had seen this issue with the panoramic before. Please read my message before replying. 

darthdad
    New Contributor

Update: Cox was out yesterday and replaced a line amplifier. We shall see...