Forum Discussion

notTHEman
New Contributor
5 years ago

online log-in

I like to log into Cox email online to add filter rules and stop spam Cox does not already remove. Over the last week it has become extremely difficult and time-consuming to merely log on to my email account online. Safari and Chrome, same issue. I have to log on thru the Cox home page and back into it.  What has changed? Why does Cox gag on my trying to log on?

3 Replies

Karen_R
    Former Moderator
    Hello notTHEman,

Thank you for reaching out to Cox Forum Support. Are you getting an error message when you log in?

Karen
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      whythehassle
      New Contributor

I've had similar problems signing in to my Cox acct. in past years. My password is never recognized when I try to sign in a month or two after re-setting it once again. And then I get a security question which has changed since I last re-set it. I'll get a different security question from years ago, then answer that one with the answer that I originally provided years ago -- and it does not recognize the answer and I'm blocked once again. So, what happened to the security question I most recently established? And why don't I get a chance to answer that one instead of the old one?

I understand Cox is probably trying to defend against hackers, but this is ridiculous. I always have to start the process over again and re-establish I'm the account owner, re-do password and / or other related info -- but no new info seems to be saved by Cox to identify me when I try to get back in. Why the hassle?

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        @whythehassle, we appreciate your feedback. The safety and security of customer privacy information remain of utmost importance at Cox. If you are still experiencing any sign-in issues or problems setting up the security question, please include a link to this forum comment and reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator