Forum Discussion

morete
New Contributor
5 years ago

One Node Split Please

I live in a high population density area on the impoverished wild west side of Phoenix which is causing over saturation on the node. So with my "up to 150Mbps" service I can only get 120 Mbps on a bad day and 130 Mbps on a good day. Is there any way we can get a node split out here so that I can at least sometimes get the download speed I am paying for? All 16 channels are 90%+ saturated. Thank you.

2 Replies

• Let me ask a lame question...how can you tell when all 16 modem channels are 90%+ saturated.  Can you use a link to a COX tool to to find %, or do you log onto your modem address....what do you look for?  I see other posters making mention of heavy burdened neighborhoods that affect the data saturation....just curious.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Morete, are you on a hardwired connection when performing these speed tests or are you on WiFi? Would you be able to perform a speed test for us on a hard-wired connection, using the Cox Internet Speed Test tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX? I am not detecting any packet loss at this time, and your signal levels are within the normal specifications. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator