Forum Discussion

ILC
New Contributor
7 years ago

ONCE AGAIN... Outlook keeps prompting to "Enter Network Password" when all passwords are in order

This seems to happen periodically (this is my third time inquiring about this within the last 3 or so years). My Outlook settings are all fine, including passwords, ports, and so on. But for whatever reason, the server refuses to recognize my account/login info, and I get the dreaded "Enter Network Password" pop-up -- over and over and over again, for most of my email accounts -- and this happens on various devices, so it is NOT an Outlook issue. With email checking every 5 minutes, my time is mostly spent OK'ing these pop-ups, which is extremely disruptive. Email eventually does send and download, but the system is just not working as it should.

It seems that every time I post, something gets done on your end, and the problem disappears altogether for a while. Could you please share what the solution is (I see others are finding themselves in the same proposition), and most of all, IMPLEMENT A DEFINITIVE FIX? The way things are with these disruptive pop-ups is just untenable. If this does not get fixed I will be forced to find an alternate provider.

Please let me know what can be done. Thank you!

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    handy2sum
    New Contributor

Got back from a few days vacation to find that I'm not getting the endless email pop-ups... neither is husband.  hope this doesn't jinx that, but seems like Cox may have done something?  Anyone else noticed an "improvement" lately?  Note I/we did nothing to my/our systems/set up so must have been Cox - even though they say it's not their problem....

• I'm glad to hear it! Please let us know if we can help with any future issues.

ILC
    New Contributor

The problem has diminished. I am still getting pop-ups in clusters now and then, but not 9 of them in a row every two minutes. I TRULY HOPE A DEFINITIVE FIX WAS IMPLEMENTED. This problem keeps happening periodically, and given the amount of people who seem affected, I'd think that Cox would want to get to the root cause and properly fix it.

ILC
    New Contributor

Well, after a few weeks of the pop-ups being manageable (appearing just randomly a few times a day, and not for all my accounts; bad enough considering just how much we pay every month, but so be it), we now seem to be back to the pop-ups popping up every 5 minutes, and for all accounts.

What is going on and what can be done to fix this. I have made no changes to my system or settings on my side. This is most obviously a Cox issue. Could you please let us know what you are doing to fix this? Thank you!

ColleenD
      ILC, We are aware and working to resolve this. There seem to be multiple triggers for this, which is causing confusion for customers. Please first disconnect all devices which use POP or IMAP and SMTP servers to access your email. Next log in to www.cox.com and reset your password to a new password which you have never used before. Please do not change your password back to a previously used password. Once your password has been updated, visit the guided help at www.cox.com/secureemail to walk through verifying the settings on your device, updating your user name and password in all boxes where they are required as prompted by the guided help. Once all settings have been updated reconnect the device. Let me know if this helps.